Thursday, June 11, 2009

Riley

Riley is doing so well! She is the happiest little thing ever! She has had a busy week-she "found her feet" on Monday, took her first bath with her sister in the big tub on Tuesday, and started sticking out her tongue this week as well. It is so funny, she likes to smile and stick out her tongue at you, it is too cute! Of course, I had to take a picture of her and Ella Kate and in the tub together, I know they will kill me when they are older and they see this pic. But I just had to do it!

Riley also had a follow up hearing evalution this morning and passed with flying colors!!! Babies with cleft lips and palates often need ear tubes due to fluid in their ears so they recommend following up with with hearing exams after birth. But little Miss Riley did so great they discharged us and said they didn't think she needed to have anymore tests on her ears. The fluid behind the ear is really more of a concern when the palate is involved, so Riley should be fine! And it was wonderful to hear the nurse ask me why we had to do a follow up exam and I explained to her Riley was born with a cleft lip. The nurse was so impressed with her lip repair and said she would have never even noticed her scar had I not told her! And she went on and on about what a wonderful job our surgeon did. Of course, this is always wonderful to hear! Riley just smiled and cooed at the nurse as if to say. "Yeah, I know I am cute!" ;)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey! I started following your blog through a facebook link~ hope this is okay. I love hearing about everyones little ones. Great news about Riley. She is a doll. Our blog link is:
nolaschaff310.blogspot.com if you would like to check in on my little guy. Have a great weekend.
Andrea